The basil supply chain
The basil supply chain continues…
The basil is cut evenly.
- Free from defects, bright green, an intense fragrance.
- Cutting at night not damage and stress the plant.
- First cut of the plant, maximum 20 cm. For a sweeter taste and less fibrous consistency.
The basil is collected and transported immediately. It is processed exclusively in the day by a quick start to the transformation.
- Washing, centrifuging, manual sorting, partial draining of the water, grinding with addition of oil, salt and acidity regulator.
The stored basil arrives in CLAS.
- Storage in refrigerators.